VMworld 2018: How Workspace ONE and Endpoint Optimization Help IT Pros Breathe Easier
Remember when the biggest concern IT had with endpoint management and security was the boss using an iPhone for work? Today, the "bring your own" trend extends far beyond the device, bleeding into apps, cloud services and so much more. How can IT workers keep up with it all? VMware's Workspace ONE solution attempts to help IT wrangle the devices, identity management, provisioning and security in one fell swoop. We spoke with IT leaders at VMworld to get a sense of how they're seeing value from Workspace ONE and how their endpoint optimization strategies have shifted in the post-BYOD era.
Check out more videos and articles from BizTech’s coverage of VMworld 2018 here.
- Chris Giroux, Endpoint Optimization and Mobility, CDW
- Paul Schrynemeeckers, Endpoint Optimization and Mobility, CDW
- Gordy Wyatt, Director - Partner Sales, End User Computing, VMware
- Steve Moran, Director of IT Systems and Security, Camping World
- Encompassing a broad set of tools, the VMware Workspace ONE suite makes it easier for IT to manage, provision and secure technology in a way that's centered on access, not devices.
- In the age of BYOD, many IT shops focused on locking down the device, but these days, workers bring far more than just devices to the workplace.
- New and improved capabilities in virtual desktop infrastructure make desktop management and provisioning simple and agile.