VMworld 2014: What Does the Future of the Cloud Look Like for You?
With the different flavors of cloud (public, private and hybrid) up for the taking and the push from VMware to move organizations into the software-defined data center, it's safe to say that there's a healthy dose of evolution happening in the cloud space. We spoke with different IT leaders to get their take on what the future has in store for cloud computing within and outside of their organizations. To view more of our coverage from the show, visit our VMworld 2014 conference hub.
- Gary Gauthier, CDW Cloud Solution Specialist
- George Throener, Landis + Gyr Systems Engineering Supervisor
- Louis Hood, CDW Cloud Client Executive
- Jon Zygmunt, Vice President of IT at FCX Performance
- Automation and software-defined technology will make it easier for organizations to rapidly deploy and manage cloud services and apps.
- Some legacy applications might not be cloud ready, but most x86 applications can run in the cloud.
- Making the shift from the private cloud to a hybrid or public cloud model is an expert next step for many organizations.