VMworld 2014: New Products and Features Announcements
Google Chromebooks received a serious upgrade in terms of its productivity capabilities at VMworld. Thanks to a partnership with VMware, NVIDIA and Google, the cloud-powered notebooks are now capable of rendering high-performance graphics, which makes them a suitable choice for enterprise users. Enhancements to VMware's Horizon were also included in the mix, as was the rebranding of its vSphere management suite, which it will now call vRealize. To view more of our coverage from the show, visit our VMworld 2014 conference hub.
- Peter McKay, COO Americas at VMware
- Courtney Burry, Senior Director, Desktop Product Marketing at VMware
- Bernard Laroche, Director, Cloud Management Product Marketing at VMware
- Google, NVIDIA and VMware have teamed up to make Google Chromebooks more enterprise friendly.
- New enhancements to VMware Horizon is making it easier for workers to access the apps they need on any device
- The VSOM tool was released last year and VMware has continued to receive valuable feedback.
- The management suite for VMware's virtual environments is undergoing a rebrand and will now be called vRealize.