As data volumes increase exponentially, advanced analytics point the way to improved ROI: 75 percent of enterprises plan to combine external and internal data sources in 2021 to drive better decision-making.
While analytics shows the route, storage paves the way. Even the best data sources can’t deliver business value if organizations aren’t able to find, compile and access the data they need on demand.
Intelligent Storage as a Service via HPE’s GreenLake can help bridge the gap between growing data volumes and critical business value. Here’s how.
The Current State of Data Storage
According to Forbes, the amount of data created rose 5,000 percent between 2010 and 2020. Just as businesses were coming to grips with what a new decade of data creation might look like, COVID-19 threw an operational curveball: With staff suddenly at home, companies were compelled to make rapid cloud moves and embrace mobile environments at scale. In this new state of data storage, enterprises face three critical challenges:
DISCOVER: Learn how to add value to your organization through data.
- While increasing data volumes offer the potential for business value, they also come with additional complexity. From the requirements for data access, backup, verification and deduplication to the ever-expanding need for effective capacity, simply storing data isn’t enough. Organizations must find ways to integrate data sources and extrapolate their interconnections anytime, anywhere.
- With all-flash data storage quickly becoming the de facto standard for speed and accessibility, enterprises need storage solutions capable of intelligently bridging the gap between legacy, current and future storage frameworks to ensure no data is left behind.
- As storage volumes grow, attack surfaces expand. According to the World Economic Forum, the rapid shift to remote work and its commensurate storage surge “has generated a surge of sophisticated fifth-generation cyberattacks. As organizations adapted to remote work and all its digital implications, cybercriminals seized the global crisis to launch a series of large-scale cyber exploits.”
A Flexible Way to Manage Data at Scale
The rapid increase in storage volumes, often described as data lakes, over shorter and shorter time frames has effectively created data oceans that offer two options: Sink or swim. HPE GreenLake is a service-based storage solution that can help companies keep their heads above water and start making storage headway across four key areas:
- Faster time to value. With HPE GreenLake Storage as a Service, the distance between deployment and demonstrable value shortens. For example, built-in buffer capacity means companies don’t need to worry about overprovisioning, allowing staff to focus on business outcomes rather than storage configurations. Complete storage transparency, meanwhile, streamlines the provision of security controls across IT stacks.
- Enhanced needs-based scaling. As 2020 made abundantly clear, nothing is set in stone. Data is no exception: From sudden cloud adoption to changing consumer demands and evolving market forces, storage needs aren’t static. With HPE GreenLake, enterprises gain the flexibility to scale up or down based on current needs rather than contractual obligations.
- Improved cost control. With no upfront costs and the benefit of a pay-per-use model, intelligent storage from HPE empowers organizations to consume outcomes rather than infrastructure and maximize the impact of growing IT budgets.
- Optimized IT workloads. Intelligent storage solutions from HPE are self-managing, self-healing and self-optimizing. As a result, IT teams can shift workloads from routine storage management tasks to value-driven data analytics operations that help drive better decision-making.
The Next Generation of Intelligent Data Storage
The form and function of data storage at scale is changing. Research firm Forrester predicts that remote work will find an operational equilibrium at 300 percent of pre-COVID levels, while CRN suggests that the line between on-premises and cloud-based storage will become effectively nonexistent as borderless hybrid solutions become the norm and software-defined systems drive agility at scale.
To navigate this data-driven future, enterprises need storage infrastructure that’s more than simply a workhorse; intelligent, adaptable solutions can make the difference between drowning and getting ahead.
HPE’s intelligent Storage as a Service platform makes this potential possible with advanced artificial intelligence algorithms capable of learning continuously from multiple data sources and adapting automatically. The result: IT teams can focus on what matters — delivering business value across stored data sources — rather than getting bogged down in the day-to-day management and monitoring of cloud-based storage infrastructure.
Data volumes and storage demands are on the rise as remote work becomes an operational mainstay and market forces favor companies capable of on-demand response to emerging data trends. Intelligent, AI-driven Storage as a Service from HPE empowers companies to cut complexity, embrace adaptability and enhance security at scale.
Brought to you by: