For online marketers, the key to crafting and executing an effective campaign often lies in precisely understanding their target audiences.
The flood of new information generated from social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest gives marketers even more data to use for campaign targeting, but that data is meaningless if it can't be properly parsed and analyzed.
IBM's Netezza helps marketers swim through, what the company calls, the big data flood. To show the untapped potential of big data, AnalzyingMedia shared an infographic put together by IBM highlighting the information downpour.
Here are a few highlights from IBM's big data research.
- $83.2 billion is the estimated amount spent in the U.S. on online advertising
- 230 million tweets are sent a day
- 100 terabytes of data are uploaded daily to Facebook
- 80 percent growth in unstructured data
- 2.7 zettabytes of data exist in the digital universe