Successfully Selling Cybersecurity Internally
In many organizations, IT security is seen as a form of insurance, which means some line-of-business executives hesitate to invest more into it unless absolutely necessary. But with security dominating the headlines and costing some organizations dearly, more IT leaders are figuring out how to position investments in security solutions and infrastructure as sound and valuable organizational enhancements. We spoke with a few IT experts to get their take on how they successfully sell security internally in their companies. Visit our CDW Managing Risk SummIT landing page to view more articles and videos from the event.
>>Download CDW's Cybersecurity Insight Report to learn more about how organizations are managing risk in the more effective ways.
- Trevor Clark, Shared Services Center Manager, STIHL
- Diane Brown, Director, IT Risk Management, Ulta Beauty
- Lynn Mackie, Security Solutions Architect, CDW
- Vito Trifiletti, CIO, Elior North America
- As long as security priorities come from the top, then it's easier to ensure that it trickles down throughout the rest of the organization.
- If you can make security a personal issue, then it's easier to make users and executives understand the value.
- The business needs to trust and actually know that IT can get the organization back up and running.