RSA 2019: Understanding the Value of a CISO
One of the biggest forces of change in an organization can be the establishment of impactful leadership. While chief information security officers are not new, they are growing in number and being challenged with a complex, evolving cyberthreat landscape. We spoke with a number of CISOs while at the RSA Conference about the perspective they bring to their organizations, their challenges and their priorities as cybersecurity leaders.
View more of our coverage from the 2019 RSA Conference and gain insight into how the conversation on cybersecurity is growing and evolving.
- Matt Dunlop, VP, CISO, Under Armour
- Grant Bourzikas, CISO, McAfee
- Evan Wheeler, CISO, Financial Engines
- CISOs work in partnership and in concert with their CIO/CTO counterparts to ensure security tools and protocols align with business objectives.
- It's not enough to just talk about cybersecurity — CISOs must also take meaningful action.
- A big concern is balancing security with usability. Ensuring that the organization is protected is key, but it can't be at the expense of customer satisfaction.