Cybersecurity Trends: A Look Back on 2017 and Key Predictions for 2018
The security landscape is constantly changing and 2017 had some major sea changes for IT on the security front. We spoke with two experts from Carbon Black to get their take on what the notable security events in 2017 were, as well as their predictions for what IT workers should keep an eye out for in 2018 and beyond. Visit our CDW Managing Risk SummIT landing page to view more articles and videos from the event.
>>Download CDW's Cybersecurity Insight Report to learn more about how organizations are managing risk in the more effective ways.
- Paul Drapeau, Principal Threat Researcher, Carbon Black
- Rick McElroy, Security Strategist, Carbon Black
- The shift from pure ransomware threats to cryptomining represented a major shift last year.
- Fileless techniques like injecting DLL into the memory which calls Powershell are on the rise in 2018.
- Collecting more security and telemetry data will allow more effective threat hunting and incident response.