Patient Care Drives Tech Strategy at Halifax Health
Halifax Health paired a digital hospital strategy with a technology refresh plan so its doctors and clinicians could spend more time on patient care — improving the quality of care and reducing costs for the not-for-profit hospital and healthcare system in Florida. CDW helped Halifax retrofit its entire infrastructure, which incorporated Cisco, EMC and Lenovo solutions, as well as rolling carts and physical security technology.
- Tom Stafford, Vice President and CIO, Halifax Health
- Michael Marques, Director of Technical Services, Halifax Health
- Dixie Gibbins, Nurse Manager, Orthopedic Department, Halifax Health
- Troy Doyle, Account Executive, CDW Healthcare
- Halifax Health is a not-for-profit hopsital system with a mission of helping those in need.
- New investments in wireless technology and server virtualization have improved patient care noticeably.
- By putting clinicians and patients first, IT is being seen as an essential partner and not just a cost center.